Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Middle of the week

I try to post at least once a week to keep people up to date on our lives. So here goes, I have been struggling with teaching division for about the last two weeks. I have tried every way I can think of to teach the kids how to do long division. It is been the hardest thing to teach this year. Now, you have to know that the students came to me not ready for the 4th grade. Last years, third grade teachers did not do the best job except one and you can tell which ones came from that class. Anyway, I have tried this year to teach both third grade and fourth grade to the best of my ability. With only 3 months until the end of the year, I always feel that I have gotten nothing done this year and I put myself under a lot of stress to get everything done. I have a really good class this year and hope that I have done enough to get them ready for the end of the year test and more importantly ready for life.
Beside school, my other half of my life is getting ready for my wedding. Plans are coming along. The next big thing to work on is our wedding announcements. I am trying to find time to look over the different types and pick one that I like. I hope to have this done by Saturday so that we can let Meredith know what we want. In case you do not know, Meredith, Ryan's sister in law, is doing our wedding announcements for us. She does a really good job.
Other than school and wedding planning, I do not know have much time for anything else. Ryan and I are both staying really busy and look forward to the summer months when we will have more time to see each other.

No comments: