Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Names

Ryan and I decided that we will take 3 boy names with us to the hospital and pick our little guys name after we see him. I wanted to be able to include my students somehow, so we came up with the idea to let my students pick one of the three names.
Last Thursday, I had my students write down 3 boy names. Then on Monday, I gave them a list of all the names and told them to pick 6. I added three names of my own liking to the list which are Luke, Logan, and Carter. We slowly each day got the list smaller and smaller. Today, the list was down to 5 names: Logan, Luke, Carter, Gene, and Nathan. They had to vote on one. It was a two way tie between Logan and Carter. We had to vote again. The winner is Logan by one vote. Now, we have to come up with two other names by April 17th (this is our goal).

1 comment:

Brent and Tracie said...

I won't make a comment on the one I like best. It never really mattered whenever anyone else told me what they liked best. I was like "It's my kid, I'm going to decide anyways." Plus people easily ruined names by making comments about them. I hope you guys can agree on one. Brent and I have a really hard time deciding on boy names. I can't wait to see the little guy.